cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phenrichs
Level 4

Need to uninstall InstallShield 2009 Pro

I need to completely uninstall my copy of Installshield. I tried to do it through Add\Remove but got an error so I thought I would run the CD and try that way and got the same error.

Error text follows:
The installation source for this product is not available.
Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I need to uninstall this so that another engineer can install and register it to their machine and I will be installing premier.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
phenrichs
Level 4

This is really important. Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

It appears that the original location that you installed from is not currently available. You can verify the install source location by checking the Windows Registry in the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1A352E3E-9E02-42EC-8465-76A56095C871}
"InstallSource"

The value of the InstallSource key will be the location that InstallShield setup was run from. Make sure that path is available.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Not applicable

SherylSikora wrote:
You can verify the install source location by checking the Windows Registry in the following key: *snip*

I'm having the same problem. On my computer that registry key points to “E:\Installs\Installshield\” which is my DVD drive. I have the installation disk in that drive and that path is accessible, but I still get the error message.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos