cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzvinstall
Level 4

Need help to call a C# dll

I have an installscript MSI project. I have a C# dll that contains functions for install commit and uninstall. I am attaching the code herewith. I would like these functions to be called at the right time How do I do this?

I tried adding a components with this dll as the key file and setting the .Net installer class to yes. But I wasn't sure as to what to put in the .Net installer class arguments fields. I read through the help that they say contains sample code but that still didn't help.

Assuming I get all these argument settings right, what else do I need to do to get these functions invoked? Do I need to create custom actions?

Any help will be much appreciated. I am running out of time. I am very new to this kind of a task within installshield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
s26f84
Level 3

you will need ca. i usually create a c# static method :).
0 Kudos
gzvinstall
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please explain the steps I need to do in creating a custom action with a C# static method?
- What does the C# method need to do?
- Does this method have to be in the installer class dll?

Sorry for asking too many questions. But I haven't worked with customj actions before nor do I have any C# experience. But I have co-workers who can help me with C#.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos