cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

Need help installing SQL Server Native Client 11

I have an install that needs the SQL Server Native Client 11 for SQL 1012. I have created a PRQ and it is working but when it finishes I get a message baxk from installshield telling me it had an error or failed to complete correct. The Native client install is not running silent and I see the finish screen for it that says it has finished. Then get the error from installshield.
How can I stop this error message ?
Also how do I make it run silently?
I have the following in the silent command line
/qn /i"IACCEPTSQLNCLILICENSETERMS=YES"
I have tried different versions of this and nothing seems to work.

I could use some help with this.
Thank you
Brandon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Did you set up a prerequisite condition to check if the SQL Native Client 11 is installed on the target machine?

I would create a condition to run the prerequisite if [SystemFolder]\sqlncli11.dll does not exists, or the file version is less than 2011.110.2100.60.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

Hi,
yes I have the conditional check and that part is working fine.
I have also fix the silent part and that is working fine. The problem I have right now is that after it installs I get a message from installshield that says "The installation of Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 (x86) appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?"
If I look in control panel the native client has installed fine. If I run it not in silent mode and display all the dialogs the native client still installs fine but I continue to get the error message from installshield telling me it has failed.
What is installshield checking that is causing this error message to display?

Here is a copy of my PRQ file.

Brandon

****EDIT****
I just found that I was checking for the version 10 file. So I have changed the name and file version and I'm rebuilding to test right now.

***New Edit*****
That fixed it. Thanks for getting me in the right direction.
0 Kudos