cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azad_khan
Level 4

Need help for Network Installation... very urgent

Hi All,

I have a requirement that during installation I need to copy the file to shared location (which is in network).

Now my doubt is that how can I find the shared location of network. For paticular system we can copy the files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Company name. But for network do know..

Network location is having some IP address I need to get that IP, It may more than one shared location in same network or different networks. I need to consider all the Scenario.

Please reply to query, It will be a great help

Thanks in Advance

Azad..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Shuttledude
Level 7

To get a list of computer names on the network you can use the NET VIEW command (try this in a DOS box).

If you want to know the IP address of a particular computer, say COMPUTER7, use the ping command (e.g., ping COMPUTER7). But you would at least need to know the name(s) of the computer(s) you want to install on.

Also look at the NET SHARE command to get the name(s) of shared directories on the computer(s) of interest.

I know this does not exactly solve your problem, but I hope it will give you some ideas on how to approach it.
0 Kudos