cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 PreReq

I've just installed IS 2010 Professional. I'm converting an IS 2009 project. I downloaded the Installshield Objects, Prereq's etc for 2010 and installed them on my computer. But, when I look in the Redistributables the Prereq for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 location is "Needs to be downloaded". My computer is NOT connected to the internet. I thought running the "installshieldprereqs_dotnot.exe" and other 2010 downloads would install it on my machine. Why does it appear to need to be downloaded? Is there another site I need to go to in order to get SP1?

Thank you.:)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

check your paths for redistributables in the options for IS2010. I had an issue when first upgrading to IS2010 where it was still pointing at the prereqs folder for IS2009.
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked and the Redistributable path is correct. I also opened the PRQ file for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and it listed InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\3.5 SP1\Full which does contain dotnetfx35.exe BUT it does NOT include the helper.exe file which I believe is necessary? There is a helper.exe file in the \3.5\Full folder. Can I copy that helper file to the 3.5 SP1 folder? I still don't understand why it is listed as "needs to be downloaded" in the Redistributables View if it is there.
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

if any of the files are missing then it will be listed as needs to be downloaded.

as to copying the file from another location I am not sure if that will work or not as I have not tried it.
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Thanks. I moved the helper.exe file from the .Net 3.5 Full folder to the .NET 3.5 SP1 Full folder and it did appear in the Prerequisites View as "installed locally". 🙂
0 Kudos
Linda1967
Level 2

I also had this problem but I was also missing the dotnetfx3.5.exe in addition to the Helper.exe in the 3.5SP1/Full folder.

I downloaded dotnetfx3.5.exe from the URL listed in the PreReq and copied the Helper.exe from 3.5/Full.

Thanks!
0 Kudos