cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lurean
Level 8

Multiple upgrade dialogs spawned from Update.exe

I am using Installshield 2010 premier edition and have encountered a very odd problem.

I used a Quickpatch project to create a patch to update 4 files from a previous Basic MSI install. When I run the update.exe it brings up the standard dialog for patches. However when I click the "Update" button it spawns another copy of the opening dialog, if I cancel the dialog it cancels the patch, but if I hit the "update" button again on the new dialog it spawns another dialog. This process repeats at least 10 times before I quit trying to see if there was a finite number of loops.

Has anyone else seen this behavior or have an idea as to what could be causing it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lurean
Level 8

ok,

I found what is causing this problem. Somehow in the original MSI package that was sent out the REINSTALLMODE got set to "emus" using the command line to execute the update.exe and providing a reinstallmode of omus applies the patch correctly.

Is there a way to change this value with a quickpatch project short of passing it on the command line or using a batch file to execute it with the correct settings?
0 Kudos