cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
levAnni
Level 3

Multiple setups in one step, how to?

HI,

I want to merge multiple distribution setup processes in one step. I have three distributions, they need to be run seperatelly, in order. So I need this process to be simplified buy putting them in one distribution. How can I do that?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @levAnni ,

How about Suite project support?If i get your question correctly,you want to merge multiple setups into single one and distribute.

Below article can explain you about Suite projects in a better way:

https://blogs.flexera.com/installtalk/2011/09/installing-a-suite-package-operations/

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Absolutely correct Jenifer, thanks alot, I'll give it a try!

0 Kudos

I can't see Packages in organization tab, there are: Setup Design Features Components DIM.... I use Installshield 2019 Wrong version?
0 Kudos

Hi @levAnni ,

Did you try creating new project Suite/Advanced UI project on Installshield if it is of premier or Advanced UI project if it is professional version?

In that you will be able to create Packages view in Organization tab.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

InstallShield Suite Project has been available since about 2012 or so. Sounds like you are looking at another project type. You need to:

1. Click on 'Project Assistant' tab
  2. File
  3.  New
  4. Suite / Advanced UI Project

0 Kudos

ok thanks I found it.  But there's another problem. Everything is clear except that in Wizard Interface configuration, Wizard Pages doesn't respect conditions at all (install, remove, repair). When I test run or build the project, wrong page appears. E.g. I want Installation Welcome to be first (there's installing condition for that), but it ignores that. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

I use conditions all the time.

1. Can you provide more details?
  2. What is it doing?
  3. what do you want it to do?
  4. What have you done in an attempt to achieve that result?
0 Kudos

Hi @levAnni,

Answering to your question: Wizard Pages doesn't respect conditions at all (install, remove, repair). When I test run or build the project, wrong page appears. E.g. I want Installation Welcome to be first (there's installing condition for that), but it ignores that. Any ideas?

Wizard pages are dialogs that you see while launching the setup,where install-remove-repair are actions of setup which comes under package-configuration.

By default InstallWelcome will be the first page,but you can control visibility of pages based on conditions.This applies to other pages which you might need to control,not for basic pages like InstallationWelcome/InstallationProgress/InstallationComplete.

Below link can help you to get more insights:

https://blogs.flexera.com/installtalk/2011/11/sequencing-wizard-pages-in-a-suite-project/

If you want to change the sequence of wizard pages,you can right click on Wizard page->Move Up/Move Down.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos