cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Multiple Services using SRVANY.EXE

I have been tasked with making an installer for a system that has multiple services using SRVANY.EXE.
I have it installing the services properly; but to do so I had to make SRVANY.EXE the Component for each service. I can name them appropriately. The problem is that because they all use the SRVANY.EXE Component I can't individually select/deselect services in the Feature Selection Tree.

If I make separate components for them I am able to individually select/deselect services... but then I am not able to install the service!

I am using something like the following command in an event to install the service.
INETSRV.EXE "My Service Name" SRVANY.exe

Does anyone have experience with this?

Correction; I can Select/Deselect the services in the FST, but all the services get installed, regardless of the selection.
Thanks for your ideas.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Got this working. The problem was that it created the service properly but would not delete the service if I tried to uninstall more than one service. It worked fine with one, but the log showed that it did not even attempt to uninstall services if there were more than one. So I handled the modification/uninstall aspect of it in a Custom Action.
0 Kudos

hi @rguggisberg 

can you please elaborate how you resolved,  i am running into same issue, multiinstance of service not removing them from services.msc 

0 Kudos

I submitted a rather lengthy reply. It was there for a while. Somehow it disappeared. Does anyone at Flexera know why that might be?

0 Kudos