cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanCla
Level 5

Multiple SQL Logins in Basic MSI

I am working on an IS2008 Basic MSI project and I am trying to implement multiple SQL Logins. The SQL Logins will have different Servers, Databases, Authentications, Usernames and Passwords. I have tried this How-To: http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q111493
On step 11 when I change IS_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION property to a new property on the imported dialog, it wipes out the radio buttons on the original dialog.
Is there a workaround for this issue?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Try deleting the SQLLogin dialog and importing C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Support\SQLLogin.isd, and see if it fixes the issue.
0 Kudos
DanCla
Level 5

Thanks that fixed the issues with the diappearing radio buttons but now I have runtime issues like:
- Radio buttons on second dialog do not enable username and password fields
- Browse buttons do not populate servers list or database list correctly
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

DanCla wrote:
- Radio buttons on second dialog do not enable username and password fields

You also need to update the control conditions of the SQLLogin2 dialog to rely on the Authentication Type property for the second connection as follows:

[LIST=1]
  • Select the Behavior node under the SQLLogin2 dialog in the Dialogs view.
  • Select the Conditions tab in the right-lower pane.
  • Modify all of the conditions to change IS_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION to the property you created for the second connection.

DanCla wrote:
    - Browse buttons do not populate servers list or database list correctly

Please make sure that you have the following event for the BtnDbBrowse and BtnSQLBrowse controls of the SQLLogin dialog before the DoAction event.

[IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE] 1

where is the name of the first connection you want to validate.

Also, make sure that you have the following event for the BtnDbBrowse and BtnSQLBrowse controls of the SQLLogin2 dialog before the DoAction event.

[IS_SQLSERVER_CONNECTIONS_TO_VALIDATE] 1

where is the name of the second connection you want to validate.
  • 0 Kudos