cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrDad5727
Level 2

Multiple Instances and INSTALLDIR

In a multiple instance set up, I'd like to set a different default INSTALLDIR value for each instance. I can't figure out how to do that.

I set ProductName in each instance. I tried using the [ProductName] property in the INSTALLDIR line of the General Information tab. The result was a very strange error message during installation, something about not finding network location 0. The Directory table entries looked pretty messed up.

Any suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DrDad5727
Level 2

Here's what I tried, which also didn't work. I inserted a SetDirectory custom action (type 35) after FileCost in the UI Sequence. It has this:

INSTALLDIR [ProgramFilesFolder]SSNC\[INSTALL_BASE]\

(I tried lots of variations on the above.) INSTALL_BASE is a property set in the instances property tables. I even added a directory to the Directory table with SSNC as a parent and one of the values of INSTALL_BASE as the directory key. So the target should resolve to a directory table entry.

No luck. I get: Error 2707 Target paths not created. No path exists for entry INSTALLDIR in Directory table.

:confused:
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

DrDad5727 wrote:
Here's what I tried, which also didn't work. I inserted a SetDirectory custom action (type 35) after FileCost in the UI Sequence. It has this:

INSTALLDIR [ProgramFilesFolder]SSNC\[INSTALL_BASE]\

(I tried lots of variations on the above.) INSTALL_BASE is a property set in the instances property tables. I even added a directory to the Directory table with SSNC as a parent and one of the values of INSTALL_BASE as the directory key. So the target should resolve to a directory table entry.

No luck. I get: Error 2707 Target paths not created. No path exists for entry INSTALLDIR in Directory table.

:confused:

hi, Can you sequence the SetDirectory CA after costFinalize Std action in UA sequence and try, it should work
0 Kudos