cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjvisiosign
Level 2

Multi-Instance MSI with InstallShield 2012 Limited Edition

Hello,

I've created a .msi of my product using InstallShield 2012 Limited Edition project via Visual Studio 2012. It works fine when installing a single instance of it. But when trying to install another, the maintenance view pops up and asks me if I want to repair, modify or remove my product.

What I want is to be able to run the same .MSI multiple times installing multiple instances of the very same product. If I want to repair, modify or remove it I would want to do it via the Control Panel - Programs.

I have found an article covering what I want http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield18helplib/RunningASetupMultipleTimes.htm but I can't seem to find "Maintenance Experience" under the "General Information view.". So my question is - is this feature not supported in InstallShield 2012 LE? If it isn't is there another way of achieving what I want in InstallShield 2012 LE?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You would need to change product code, upgrade code and package code(unique ID) in general information view to achieve the required behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The support for creating multi-instance installations is not available in InstallShield Limited Edition. You may want to consider upgrading to the Premier or Professional edition of InstallShield.
0 Kudos