cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawny
Level 3

Multi Instance Dialog: Not showing the instance product name

Hi all,

I have created a project that creates multi-instances and during the installation sequence of each instance, I ask the user to provide a client name for the instance. I have a custom action that changes the ProductName property and appends the client name. So it ends up creating something that looks like Project_ClientA, Project_ClientB, etc in the directory structure. All that works well.

When I rerun the setup, I get the multi-instance dialog that allows me to select whether the installer is to add a new instance or modify an existing instance. In the existing instance listbox, I have the previously installed instances, however the product name for all the instances is Project_ instead of the expected "Project_ClientA," "Project_ClientB," etc.

What do I need to do to make this value display with the client name that was set in the custom action? Do I need another custom action?

Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Please apply the hotfix attached to this post, and let me know if it solves the issue.

[LIST=1]
  • Install InstallShield 2009 SP2.
  • Make a backup copy of Setup.exe, SetupW.exe, SetupPrereq.exe, and SetupPrereqW.exe in the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\i386 folder.
  • Copy the attached files to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\i386 folder.
  • Rebuild your setup.
  • 0 Kudos
    rammohan
    Level 3

Hi,

Please any one help me please. were i can get this existing installed instances detected dialogue box(screen) in the install shield framework.i need to know the exact spot of the location were it is defined .

i am waiting for fast replay. advanced thanks for helping me..

Rammohan
    0 Kudos