cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

Minor Update question

My original installation program is a Basic MSI project (Version 1.0). I am creating a minor upgrade installer now (which is Version 1.2), and the only thing that has changed is the application (a minor change in the code) and some image files. In the installer, I went to the Upgrades view, created a minor upgrade item, and pointed to the previous Setup.exe (for Version 1.0). I also changed the Product Version and the Package Code.

If there is no previous installation, the installer works fine, and version 1.2 of the application is installed with the new image files. However, if the previous version is present, the new image files will be installed, but version 1.2 of the application will not be.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why. Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps create an MSI log file when you apply the minor upgrade, and then search for your executable name to see why it wasn't overwritten?
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

Thanks for reminding me about the log file. I forget about it sometimes.

I found the problem. In the log file it says that it won't overwrite my application with the new version because the "...existing file is of an equal version".

I'll figure this out and post the solution.
0 Kudos