cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darain
Level 6

Microsoft runtime library

I have checked the checkbox of the 'Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 7.1' merge module in the Redistributable listing so that it is now appearred in my Setup Design listing. I set it to be installed to the [SystemFolder] in the Porperties dialog of the merge module. But when I am done with the installation, I could not find the 'msvcp71.dll' installed anywhere. Not under System32 folder nor under my [INSTALLDIR] folder.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or is there another way to install those Microsoft Runtime Libraries?

Thx!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Darain
Level 6

Ah, my guess is probably the merge module doesn't exist on the build server where only IS2009 standalone version is installed.

I tried to copy over all the merge modules from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules to the build server but 'msvcp71.dll' doesn't seem to be there.

Anyone know where the 'Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 7.1' merge module is? and where to copy to on a machine that has only the standalone InstallShield?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you haven't yet, please see the topic "Adding Redistributables to the Build Machine for the Standalone Build".
0 Kudos
Darain
Level 6

No, I haven't. Even searching on Google did not find that topic anywhere.

Finally located it as a subtopic under 'Installing the Standalone Build'. Never read that before. 🙂 Thanks.
0 Kudos