cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minhtu
Level 3

Media - Path Variables

I'm using InstallShield 2018 R2 - Premier Edition with Virtualization Pack - Version 24.  When I took over the project, the product has been set up and configured with a lot of path variables.  How do I find out where the path variables are used within the product?  Thank you!

Minh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

You could note (Copy perhaps) the Path Variable name, go to the Direct Editor View (at the very bottom of the View List) and type Control-f (find) and paste the Path Variable name into the Find "What" field and keep searching until you've found all of the occurrences.  Then do the same for each Path Variable you want to find.

Thanks Dan.  Using your method, I found the path variable being used in the ISSetupFile table.

Annotation 2020-08-06 140951.jpg

However, I couldn't find where SetupFile5 is set up or configured.  Do you know how I search for that configuration?

Thanks,

Minh

0 Kudos
MarkusLatz
Level 8

I solve this, that (depending on the project type msi/installscript/suite/...) I set the "Project File Format" to XML, then I open the file with a text editor and do a "find all" on the path variable I search.

If I find not more than the entry itself, I know I can delete. If it occurs more than once I can see where it is, because the XML file format is readable.

MediaPathInfo.png

regards

Markus

Thanks Markus!!  I found 2 entries of the path variable in question.  Now I know it's being used in the ISSetupFile table.  However, I don't know how the SetupFile was set up.  I searched in the InstallShield help contents but couldn't find any information that explains the setup of the row in the ISSetupFile table.

Thanks,

Minh

0 Kudos

Look at the Setup Files view under the Behavior and Logic section of the View List and see if you can find references to those files there.

0 Kudos

Thanks again Dan!  However, I looked in the Behavior and Logic section and didn't see the setup files which use the path variable in my ealier search.

Annotation 2020-08-07 164049.jpg

I'll continue to look around.  If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

0 Kudos