cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mplanchart
Level 5

Many features of InstallShield 11.5 are missing in InstallShield MultiPlatform 11.5

Hi,

Features that I find very useful in InstallShield 11.5 such as: Registry, ODBC Resources, INI File Changes, Environment Variables, XML File Changes, etc. are not available in InstallShield MultiPlatform 11.5. Of course, they are mostly Windows specific.

Can they be added to IS MP 11.5?

Please advise,

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MEinstaller
Level 7

Multi-Platform has all of that capability for Windows plus the capability for Unix, Linux, etc.
I have never used just the windows version but I imagine it is different because it does not use Java like the multi-platform does, but the java is what lets it be multi-platform.
I think you may want to read through the user's guide to answers for your questions. I am by no means an expert so I don't want to point you in the wrong direction.
Within the Installation Designer tab of the IDE you can look in the System Configuration directory to insert Environment Variables, registry entries are added through a Product Action, etc. Everything is there just setup differently.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Right, there are built-in actions for environment variable changes and Windows registry changes, the ASCII File Update action could be used for INI files, and XML functionality using XSL transforms...
0 Kudos