cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anom217
Level 8

Manual Uninstall fails? need help

I'm currently working on a Basic MSI project. I successfully installed my program. Right now it just creates some folders and files, and edits the text files using InstallScript functions. I then deleted the folders and files it had installed manually.

When I tried to run the install again from InstallShield, it tries to uninstall. But since the files are missing, it's trying to delete them from the InstallScript uninstall functions I created, but they don't exist so it gets an error. I tried removing those scripts from the sequence, but it keeps launching them. I also recreated the folder structure and file by hand, and it still keeps getting an error.

Is there a way to manually tell InstallShield the project is uninstalled? I can't do anything, because it keeps trying to uninstall and keeps failing. I really have no idea what to do, help please!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps install your newer build over the older one so that it overwrites the existing cached MSI information, using the command that minor upgrades use:

msiexec /i LatestBuild.msi REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL
0 Kudos