cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceRas
Level 7

Maintenance Order Email

The email for the new version of Installshield being ready for download and the fullfill option to place the free order (for maintenance customers) wouldn't work for me for several hours.

To save headaches for others, I found the problem.

When you click the FULLFILL NOW button, it links to shop.installshield.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to autopropogate the license for the free upgrade.

You need to change the domain in the long URL to be shop.FLEXERASOFTWARE.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for this to work.

Somebody forgot to proofread and test the email links. 😉

Lance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Ivan_mysammy
Level 4

Good to know this, Thanks for sharing information
0 Kudos
chirags
Level 3

Hi Lance,

Thanks for this note. We had used URL redirection from installshield to flexerasoftware in our links. There is a good possibility your browser settings do not allow such redirects and hence you were not able to access this. Sorry about that.

We will keep this in mind for future. Thanks for posting this.

Regards,
Chirag
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

I've never had any issues with redirection and have that on our website for a couple things and it works there.

Oh well.. At least the issue is known and easily worked around.

Lance

chirags wrote:
Hi Lance,

Thanks for this note. We had used URL redirection from installshield to flexerasoftware in our links. There is a good possibility your browser settings do not allow such redirects and hence you were not able to access this. Sorry about that.

We will keep this in mind for future. Thanks for posting this.

Regards,
Chirag
0 Kudos
Server
Level 5

Just what's bores me much - often changing name of the company that develops InstallShield. This also should be fixed as a bug. 🙂
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Ha! Although I don't know how to fix that bug without, well, changing the name again... 😉
0 Kudos