cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benmarty
Level 3

MSI Multi-Instance Install

I searched the forums for the term "MSI" and got no results, which I find hard to believe, but I guess I have no choice but to post this question, since I can't seem to find any prior discussion about MSI projects.
According to a page at: http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/MultipleInst-Builds.htm, it's possible to create multi-instance installations in an MSI project, but I'm not seeing the multi-instance tab in the project settings. I can't find any other way to enable multi-instance installation. What am I missing?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

0 Kudos
benmarty
Level 3

benmarty wrote:
I'm not seeing the multi-instance tab in the project settings. I can't find any other way to enable multi-instance installation. What am I missing?

With the "Releases" page selected (under "Media" in the Installation Designer), select a configuration node directly under the root "Releases" node in the tree. Notice that there are multiple tabs in the right-hand pane, one of them being "Multiple Instances".

I totally missed the fact that there are tabs in the rightmost pane sometimes, and so I was missing a *lot* of options here! 😮
0 Kudos