cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isherman
Level 4

Lots of Warnings -6248

I have a bunch of .NET 5.0 dlls/exes I'm installing, and I have installed .NET on my build machine, but I get swamped by -6248 warnings every time I build, it looks like one for every reference I have to the system files.  I noticed in settings that there's an option to choose which framework you use for dependencies, but .NET 5 isn't listed.  How do I get it listed and how, if not that, do I go about clearing out those warnings?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @isherman,

Thank you for your post.

Please review the documentation at this link, if you haven't already:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Warning-6248/ta-p/4630

Please try the suggestions. Do they work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

I suppose I could try it, but these references are the ones in .NET 5.0, so I'd have to copy the DLLs for much of .NET 5.0.  This is counter-productive, because I'm 1) already installing .NET on the target system if it isn't already there and 2) would have to sift through hundreds of error messages to find the specific dlls being referenced, or 3) install an entire framework in a local folder.  None of those seem like reasonable solutions.

0 Kudos

Hi @isherman,

Thank you for your reply.

You could try hiding the build warnings, especially if you believe them to be safe to ignore. Here is a link to documentation about how to do that:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Hide-Build-Warnings-Selectively/ta-p/4073

Or is it necessary to resolve these build warnings directly?

0 Kudos

While I could hide them, my concern is that there could be real dependencies I'd be hiding and would like to be warned about them because if I have those warnings then I have an invalid build.  I'd really like to be able to resolve them.

0 Kudos

Hi @isherman,

Thank you for your reply.

We'll need a support ticket (case) to track this issue. Could you please open a case with our Support Team via email at support@revenera.com or via phone at (877) 279-2853?