cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranba790
Level 3

Localized resources

Hi
I used the Visual Studio deployment project import wizard to import an existing setup project created in visual studio 2010 package and deployment.
The project also has some localized resources, actual it has 3 (en,es and en-us).
On the visual studio msi when i install it, the FormationViewer.resources.dll file is installed in each of the localized folders(en,es and en-us) the reset of the dlls are installed in the main folder. when i use the installed shield, each folder gets the FormationViewer.resources.dll like the visual studio setup but all the other dlls are installed in the en folder and not in the main folder.
how can i fix that , how can i set for each of the dll files the install path
Thanks
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

In files view under Specify Application Data you may create folders as per your requirement. Later you may add files which would have to be placed in these folders during runtime.
0 Kudos
Ranba790
Level 3

The Problem is that for some reason the install shield install all the dll files under \application folder\en instead of the \application folder.
Those dll were not added manually, they are added automatically(dependency scan) by install shield as it should, the problem is the installation path of the dll files is wrong. how can i fix this or how can i control the installation path of those dll.

also the project was imported from visual studio setup project which worked fine
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Under Project Assistant -> Application Files there is an option of creating folders. Kindly ensure that you have selected (Highlighted) the folder where you would like the files to be placed and then add the files. You may also drag and drop files added to the InstallShield project from one folder to another.

In the attached screenshot En_es is the folder where all files will be placed by default. You may create new folders under any of the predefined folders and then add files into these folders. You may even consider using Files view under Specify Application Data to add files and create folders.
0 Kudos
Ranba790
Level 3

Hi
As you can see from the enclosed image, I am not creating the En, ES ... folders my self, its created by the install shield installer automatically . And again the problem is that all the Dll files that appear in the the dependency scan are installed to the EN folder and not to the app folder where the exe file is installed.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

0 Kudos
Ranba790
Level 3

Not sure how this link suppose to help me.
How do i create a static dependency
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you add the dependency file to the desired location (\application folder) in the InstallShield IDE and check if this results in desired behavior.
0 Kudos
Ranba790
Level 3

How do i do that

Lenwin wrote:
Could you add the dependency file to the desired location (\application folder) in the InstallShield IDE and check if this results in desired behavior.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You may try adding the dependencies shown in the primary output dialog box manually(by searching in the visual studio project or in the system32/system folder),in the desired location to achieve the required behavior.

You may also try setting the .Net Scan at property to none for all the dependencies.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos