cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Videstra
Level 7

Launcing My Application After Install

Ok - I added LAUNCHPROGRAM to the Installation Designer -> Behavior and Logic -> Property Manager and set its value to 1
I need the Launch Application checkbox checked by default and this does that.
Unfortunately now, no matter what the user does, the application will always launch. The user can uncheck the box and it will launch. The user can keep it checked and it will launch.

Des
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

You can set LAUNCHPROGRAM value to -1, then try again.
0 Kudos
Videstra
Level 7

Thanks Kevin:
I tried that, but -1 is still "true" so it did the same thing. But - the good news is that I did figure it out.
To get the behavior I wanted I did need to set LAUNCHPROGRAM to 1, but I also needed to modify the behavior of the dialog.

Go to Installation Designer -> User Interface -> Dialogs -> All Dialogs -> SetupCompleteSuccess -> Behavior

In the OK button behavior you need to add or edit a DoAction Event with an Argument of IS_LAUNCH_MY_PROGRAM_PLEASE and set the condition to LAUNCHPROGRAM And PROGRAMFILETOLAUNCHATEND <> ""

This makes the dialog launch the program because the value of LAUNCHPROGRAM will be TRUE if the checkbox was checked or False if unchecked.

This also checks that a launch program has been defined. You could leave that test out ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello, destek

Thanks for your share.

I try to do it again.

Step 1: Project Assistant -> Installation Interview, Select Yes radio button to launch my application, then select my application.

Step 2: As your way, added LAUNCHPROGRAM to the Installation Designer -> Behavior and Logic -> Property Manager and set its value to 1.

That's all.
0 Kudos