cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean_larkin
Level 4

LaunchAppAndWait in a single executable build

I have a basic MSI installation that calls another setup.exe file(name is not setup.exe) inside an InstallScript prior to installtion of the main program executable. When I build this project as a single MSI package everything works fine in the installation on the target machine, i.e. the other setup.exe file is called and that program is installed and then the main program is installed. When I build the project as a single executable the first program to be installed(same setup.exe as msi build) does not get executed, but rather this just gets skipped and the main program is installed. Why am I getting two different behaviors from the exact same project?

NOTE: In the InstallScript I check whether or not a few programs are installed using the registry and file paths, and if these are missing then I call for another program(call the setup.exe using LaunchAppAndWait) to be installed before the main program is installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pavanred
Level 4

It looks like you are trying to recreate the prerequisite functionality of InstallShield.
You can add custom setup prerequisites to your InstallShield package as redistributable or add them to the installer. Here is a good article about how to do it. http://shieldmaster.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/tutorial-adding-setup-prerequisites-to-installshield-package/
0 Kudos