cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbp0001
Level 4

Laaw_parameters

The code is attached to the text file. I could not post it here.

Can anyone tell me why LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult does not return a 0.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
TurboFisch
Level 7

if you are running on a system with UAC, you might need this:

if (SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinXP != TRUE) then
LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEVERB = "runas";
endif;
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

If reply from TurboFisch does not solve problem, you could remove the /q and the SW_HIDE so that you can see any error messages.
0 Kudos
vbp0001
Level 4

TurboFisch wrote:
if you are running on a system with UAC, you might need this:

if (SYSINFO.WINNT.bWinXP != TRUE) then
LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEVERB = "runas";
endif;

Where do I put this? Do I put it right before sCommand? Thank You
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

vbp0001 wrote:
Where do I put this? Do I put it right before sCommand? Thank You

Put it some place before using LaunchApplication.
0 Kudos
vbp0001
Level 4

rguggisberg wrote:
Put it some place before using LaunchApplication.

Tried what you suggested and it did not work. This is what I got in the log file.

---- Enter Function : ClearIconCache ----
++++ WARNING: The IE Per-User Initialization Utility failed to run successfully (0X00000001).
++++ WARNING: Incorrect function.
---- Leave Function : ClearIconCache ----
0 Kudos
vbp0001
Level 4

rguggisberg wrote:
If reply from TurboFisch does not solve problem, you could remove the /q and the SW_HIDE so that you can see any error messages.

Tried what you suggested and it did not work. This is what I got in the log file.

---- Enter Function : ClearIconCache ----
++++ WARNING: The IE Per-User Initialization Utility failed to run successfully (0X00000001).
++++ WARNING: Incorrect function.
---- Leave Function : ClearIconCache ----
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Looking at your original post (f the code is still that way) you have defined sInitUtilityFile .. but did not include it in sCommand.
I tried to post corrected code but got whacked by the security policy of this site 😞
You should also remove the quotes from the definition of sInitUtilityFile so that they don't get doubled up.
I find that it is often a good idea to display a message box or sprintf of the command line... at least temporarily for test.
0 Kudos
vbp0001
Level 4

rguggisberg wrote:
Looking at your original post (f the code is still that way) you have defined sInitUtilityFile .. but did not include it in sCommand.
I tried to post corrected code but got whacked by the security policy of this site 😞
You should also remove the quotes from the definition of sInitUtilityFile so that they don't get doubled up.
I find that it is often a good idea to display a message box or sprintf of the command line... at least temporarily for test.

sInitUtilityFile is included with sInitUtilityPath. I will try to remove the quotes and see what happens.

I did try to remove the quotes and I got a error #6879: 'ie4uinit': undefined identifier.

I printed out the sCommand and it is in the text file.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

There will always be things that just don't quite work the way you intended.
Get in the habit of displaying a message box or sprintf of the command line... at least temporarily for test when you have this kind of trouble.
If you display the value for sInitUtilityPath the solution will probably become obvious.
0 Kudos
vbp0001
Level 4

rguggisberg wrote:
There will always be things that just don't quite work the way you intended.
Get in the habit of displaying a message box or sprintf of the command line... at least temporarily for test when you have this kind of trouble.
If you display the value for sInitUtilityPath the solution will probably become obvious.

I have attached the command to the text file.

If I run the ie4unint by itself it refreshes the icon.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Note that this sites security policy does not let me answer exactly as I wanted to....

What OS is the target machine?
32 bit or 64 bit OS?
C:\windows\system32 will get redirected to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 on a 64 bit OS.
YES! There are 2 versions of cmd.
Try running ie4uinit from a 32 bit CMD and from a 64 bit CMD.
If you find that the 64 bit CMD is required, then play around with Sysnative.
You may have to change your command line in 1 or both places from C:\windows\system32 to %windir%\sysnative

BUT BEFORE YOU DO THAT....
I think you may be over complicating things by running via CMD at all.
You probably don't need the path for ie4uinit either. So your command line may be able to be simplified to
ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache
0 Kudos