cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aer127
Level 2

IsCmdBld.exe not signing files

I have configured my InstallShield project to sign both my output Setup.exe as well as some of the executables that are installed as part of my project. If I build my project using the InstallShield UI, everything is signed correctly. I can see in the built output that the exe's were signed and when I install, I can verify the exes are signed.

However, when I build this same project on our automation server using IsCmdBld.exe, the Setup.exe is signed correctly but none of the files that are installed with my application are signed. I checked the build output and there is no mention anywhere that the files were signed. Any idea what could be going on here?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
soulMiner
Level 3

aer127 wrote:
However, when I build this same project on our automation server using IsCmdBld.exe, the Setup.exe is signed correctly but none of the files that are installed with my application are signed. I checked the build output and there is no mention anywhere that the files were signed. Any idea what could be going on here?

What automation server are you using? Can you post the command-line or script lines that you are using within your automation builder?
0 Kudos
aer127
Level 2

We are using TeamCity 7.1.5 with MSBUILD. The command within MSBUILD to kick-off the InstallShield is below. It's really pretty simple and seems as if there should be no problems.

"IsCmdBld.exe -p Project.ism -y 1.0.0.0 -z ProductTheme=Theme1"

The TeamCity build agent is a Windows XP machine. Could there be any problems with Windows XP? The machine were we run the InstallShield UI that works is a Windows 7 machine.
0 Kudos