cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prevmember
Level 3

IsCmdBld Prerequisites in single Setup.exe

Hello,
I have a release configuration web style, which puts the whole installation files into one setup.exe, including the prerequisites. This works fine building it from inside InstallShield. Now I want to build the same single setup.exe automated, using IsCmdBuild. In this case I get the setup.exe and an extra folder "ISSetupPrerequisites", where the prerequisites are located, although I am using the -c COMP switch. Does anyone know a way to avoid this extra folder?
Gint
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Are you trying to build a release which is already created? In that case, use -r to specify the release name. Do not use -c.
0 Kudos
prevmember
Level 3

Thnak you for your suggestion J_anitha, but that does not work. Yes, I am trying to build a release which is already created, but when I do not set the -c switch, I get even uncompressed files.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Make sure that Extract From Setup.exe is selected for the InstallShield Prerequisites Location setting in the Releases view.
0 Kudos
prevmember
Level 3

Extract From Setup.exe is selected, DebbieL, otherwise I wouldn't get a single exe when building from inside InstallShield.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Please try a command line such as the following:
iscmdbld.exe -p "C:\PathToProject\Project.ism" -a "Product Configuration Name" -r "Release Name"

Where Product Configuration Name is the name of the product configuration in the Releases view that contains the release you want to build, and Release Name is the name of the release in the Releases view you want to build. Note that both of these are case sensitive, so if the names don't match exactly you will get a new release with default settings (which is uncompressed).
0 Kudos
prevmember
Level 3

joshstechnij's solution worked, thank you very much! I did not use the a-switch, that's why I got a new uncompressed release.
0 Kudos