cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GStrait
Level 4

Is there a Fix to support Visual C++ 8 SP1 ?

I just installed Service Pack 1 for Miscrosoft Visual C++ 8. This was made available in early August I think.

I'm running InstallShield 2009 Premier Version 15 SP 2 to create an InstallShield MSI project. Within the project I've selected Reditributable: Visual C++ 8 CRT (x86) WinSXS MSM Version 8.0.50727.762.

Is there a HotFix or something available which adds support for Visaul C++ 8 SP1?

It appears my project is not including correct dll's. At runtime I see this error since applying VC++ 8 SP1.... The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
ericpaul
Level 6

Maybe you can just create a prerequisite for MSVC++ 8 SP1 and add it to your project, as it seems that it has to be present anyhow to make your application run properly.
0 Kudos
HenryL
Level 5

8.0.50727.762 is the version of VC8 SP1 and you have the correct merge module selected in the ism project. I don't think it needs any extra support to install the VC runtime as they're just merge modules to Installshield and it supports merging merge modules all along.

Does CRT the only merge module you need? What about installing the full Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (which you can get from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en) on the machine to see if your app runs proplerly?
0 Kudos