cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

Is product/version registered = unknown

Hello,

Does someone help me to fix the problem?

I often encounter the problem like screen shot below. I can not register my product via Installshield update notificaitons tab view. It always show unknow. In past time, I must reinstall Installshiled.

I guess the problem must have come from different version of software manger. But I am not sure.

thanks.
grace,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

If you already logged on to the FlexNet Connect Publisher site and registered your product there, you should be fine. In that case, you can ignore the Unknown value in the Update Notifications view.

(I think that the Is Product/Version Registered? setting in InstallShield 2009 had some issues that were resolved in InstallShield 2010. InstallShield 2009 had problems detecting whether a product was registered on the FlexNet Connect Publisher site. However, you should still be able to use InstallShield 2009 and include FlexNet Connect with your installations.)

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

DebbieL,

You are right, just register my product in FlexNet I did before. Do you have a patch fo fix this problem although you fixed the problem in IS2010. At present, we have no plan to upgrade to the new version.

much thanks,
grace,
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

No, there is no InstallShield 2009 patch to resolve this issue. The workaround is to ignore the Unknown value in the Update Notifications view, and to log on directly to the FlexNet Connect Publisher site, where you can register your product and version.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

DebbieL,

Thanks for your information.

grace,
0 Kudos