Level 9

Is 2012

It can be download, now.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
LarryBoy
Level 4

I tried to download it, but it repeatedly fails when it reaches Always~1.cab...
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

LarryBoy wrote:
I tried to download it, but it repeatedly fails when it reaches Always~1.cab...

Yep, me too!!
0 Kudos
Tobias79
Level 5

Use the "Full Download" instead of the "Web Download"...
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Where's the full download? Is it just the trial version activated with serial number?

This wasn't in Beta very long, when was it officially released?

Can I just dump this overtop of 2011 and away I go. From what I remember from using IS before, upgrades were fairly seamless with regard to the projects.
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

I also can't see any of the quick info documents. I was most interested the known issues.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Superfreak3: Have you looked at the Read Me First sticky in this blog?
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=198772

Are you having trouble seeing that? Or are you having trouble viewing the links in that thread?
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Yes I checked out that page, but can't see the links - just a blank page.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

All of the KB links are redirect URLs that point to http://kb.flexerasoftware.com pages. On IE 9, Compatibility View needs to be turned on. Could that be the problem?
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Yes, thank you!! That was it - not a big fan of IE 9 I'll tell ya!!

I'm just looking for a seamless upgrade of my current projects.

I'm also interested in the suite install concept. Is that part of Professional or Premier do you know?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Regarding this:
Can I just dump this overtop of 2011 and away I go. From what I remember from using IS before, upgrades were fairly seamless with regard to the projects.

InstallShield 2012 can be installed on the same system that has earlier versions of InstallShield. The IS 2012 installation does not remove earlir versions. Just keep in mind that Visual Studio can be integrated with only one version of InstallShield at a time. Also, only one edition of InstallShield 2012 can be installed on a system at a time.

Regarding this:
I'm also interested in the suite install concept. Is that part of Professional or Premier do you know?

Suite support is available in the Premier edition. It's not available in the Professional edition.
0 Kudos
bbrriijj
Level 3

Is the "Installation Streaming" feature available in the evaluation version?
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Yes, installation streaming is available in the evaluation of the Premier edition of InstallShield 2012.
0 Kudos