cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkriggs
Level 6

Intermittently get fatal error -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build

Using InstallShield 2012 Spring Professional, I have a Basic MSI project that sometimes builds successfully and sometimes fails to build with a "fatal error -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build" It only fails to build about one out of every 3 or 4 builds; otherwise it builds okay without error. The problem only seems to occur on our build machine using the Stand Alone Build (SAB, IsCmdBld.exe); I have not seen this problem occur on my development machine using the IDE (IsDev.exe).

I found this thread with that same error but none of the ideas suggested seem applicable to our issue. We are not including the Access 2000 object in our setup.
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?101877-Fatal-Error-6002-Error-while-attempting-to-run-the-custom-build-setup-for-objects

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
fredrik_claesso
Level 2

I think we are also seeing this error.

We updated our InstallShield 2008 Premier to InstallShield 2013 Premier.
Now when we try to build a Basic MSI project on the stand-alone buildserver, there occur two different kind of error messages.

Message 1: "ISDEV : fatal error -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects."
Message 2: "(...) returned non-zero exit status -1073741819"

Both messages just occur sometimes and the build failed.

We never got those messages on a local machine using the GUI of InstallShield.

Tried solution is to set ".Net scan at build" for every component to "None", to prevent the message 2, but that didn't work.
( http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?199423-Error-code-1073741819-from-ISCmdBld )

We don't use Access 2000 in our build. Our build server runs Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and our client PC runs Windows 7 64-bit.

Can we enable more verbose logging to find out what is causing the -6002 error?
0 Kudos
fredrik_claesso
Level 2

0 Kudos