cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluxmunki
Level 3

Installshield Visual Studio Integration breaks "Create Unit Tests" dialog

Recently I noticed that the Visual Studio "Create Unit Tests" dialog (e.g. context menu when you click on a method) was broken. I've now narrowed it down to the presence of my Installshield 2010 installer (with Visual Studio Integration - isproj). If I remove the installshield project from the solution it works again.

Looks like a bug to me!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Ah, but on which side? 🙂 But regardless whose side, sounds like something for us to look into. Could you say which version of Visual Studio you're using, and with what kinds of projects (C#?). I'm assuming you're talking about the process on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms379625(VS.80).aspx through approximately "Getting Started" or "Creating a Test", just the dialog fails to show up - is that correct?
0 Kudos
fluxmunki
Level 3

I'm using Visual Studio Team System 2008, (9.0.30729.1 SP)

C# Projects

Yeah that's the dialog I'm talking about (I think they renamed it a bit for 2008, but looks much the same). The dialog looks at all the projects in the solution and shows all the classes/methods etc, so I'd imagine the isproj is interrogated and as it's not a native project something throws a wobbly 🙂

Also "Unloading" the isproj from the solution makes it work (you don't have to fully remove it)
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I can reproduce this in VS2008, and unloading the project does indeed allow the dialog to list methods again. We'll have to see what we can do with this, and find out if VS is requesting something we provide incorrectly, or if it's incorrectly expecting something we shouldn't be expected to provide. We'll be tracking this internally under #IOA-000053486.
0 Kudos