cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tejasD
Level 3

Installshield + VLC

Hi,

I am new to installshield(using installshield 2016). I have vlc.exe (vlc player).

If I click vlc.exe it will install vlc. But I want to install vlc using installshield by making a installer for it.

I searched a lot but did not find any tutorial or example for it which include where to put vlc.exe etc.

How can I do this?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Are you trying to accomplish to install VLC along with your product? If so, you may want to create your own InstallShield prerequisite for VLC so that you can include it in your Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, or InstallScript project. If you want to provide a unified, fully customizable user interface, you may want to consider using a Suite/Advanced UI project in order to package together the VLC setup and the setup for your product as a single installation. See Creating Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI Installations for more information.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
tejasD
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks.

My requirement is I have few softwares like VLC, Postgres etc currently I am installing it separately and manually. So I want to create a installer for it, so they can be installed in one go and hidden.

I tried installscript for vlc, and used LaunchAppAndWait method, but currently it is installing it but it is visible(means user or I need to click next, next of vlc) (1) this I want to hide?
(2) I have give hardcode path to LaunchAppAndWait, where should I place vlc.exe in installer?

Please guide.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It sounds like that an InstallShield Suite/Advanced UI installer is more suitable for your needs over an InstallScript installer as it offers a clear and easy solution that enables you bundle all of your packages together into a single installation. Below I have included some links to our resources for you to learn the technology as a starting point. Also, Flexera Software now offers a New Training Service for Suite Installations.

A Suite Way to Simplify Windows Installations
Creating Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI Installations
Managing the Life Cycle of a Suite/Advanced UI Installation
0 Kudos