cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkannan
Level 3

Installshield Limited Edition with VS 2012 Deploy Outlook x64 Addin

Hi,
I am creating a setup to deploy an Outlook Addin using Installshield LE i have set the registry keys to use x64 node and using vsto 2010 but my deployment settings are ignored and the key is always created in wow6432 node in the registry so the addin is not visible unless i manually add key to the correct node in the registry. The installation has no errors but fails to show up till i do the above key change. How do i fix this. Please help.

I have set the registry in the setup to be "[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyAddin1.Connect]" but it still puts it under "[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyAddin1.Connect]"

KEY IS ADDED TO:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyAddin1.Connect]

KEY SHOULD BE ADDED TO:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\MyAddin1.Connect]
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

This is an expected behaviour of windows and is mainly caused because of the Registry Redirector. The redirection will happen automatically and is not the behaviour of InstallShield.
64-bit version of an application may use different registry keys and values than the 32-bit version.

For more information on this, kindly follow the below link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724072(v=vs.85).aspx

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
dkannan
Level 3

Chaitra wrote:
Hi,

This is an expected behaviour of windows and is mainly caused because of the Registry Redirector. The redirection will happen automatically and is not the behaviour of InstallShield.
64-bit version of an application may use different registry keys and values than the 32-bit version.

For more information on this, kindly follow the below link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724072(v=vs.85).aspx

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Chaitra

Thanks Chaitra that was helpful we will see what changes we can do.
0 Kudos