cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnair68
Level 3

Installshield 2020 upgrade issues

Jump to solution

I have an Installshield script based project using the Installshield professional edition.  I am trying to upgrade from Installshield 2016 to Installshield 2020 R3.  I am running into 2 problems.

1. I went into installshield 2016, released my activation code back into my account and then put my activation code into my 2020 professional developer.  Each time I go in, it asks me to activate it, says its successfully activated but never seems to take.  What am I doing wrong?

2.  My project when built in 2016 had a setup.exe, autorun.inf, issetup.dll, data1.cab and a .msi file.  Now when I build in 2020 with the same settings I get an autorun.inf and a very large setup.exe file.  It appears that everything is going into the setup.exe file.  No matter what I do in creating a new release in the release wizard it builds just the large setup.exe file.  Again, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Shawn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Thanks for your response,

If you want you disk1 should look like earlier disk1 you need to change the media format to DVD10, which is a old format, since in our new version we have a network image of size unlimited all the cab files are compressed inside the setup.exe

To achieve you requirement, right click on release --> select release wizard --> Navigate to Media type dialog then change the media type to DVD10 --> on release configuration select compress all files --> on windows installer location dialog  select radio button (extract engine from setup.exe) click next and finish the dialog

Now you will get the disk1 as per you expectation,

I have attached the ism file as well the screenshot for your reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(10) Replies