cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarkhan
Level 2

Installshield 2019 Pro can't build MSIX

Jump to solution

Can you not build msix packages with the Pro edition of installshield? Anytime I try to build an msix I get a warning message: "ISDEV : warning -7158: Virtualization feature is not included in this edition.".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @aarkhan ,

Yes,building MSIX(Virtualization feature support) is only there in premier edition not in professional.

Update:

It is true if it is of premier license switching it to professional.But if you would have downloaded InstallShield2019ProfessionalComp.exe or InstallShield2019Professional.exe and tried out it should work.

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @aarkhan ,

Yes,building MSIX(Virtualization feature support) is only there in premier edition not in professional.

Update:

It is true if it is of premier license switching it to professional.But if you would have downloaded InstallShield2019ProfessionalComp.exe or InstallShield2019Professional.exe and tried out it should work.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

I'm confused by this - the edition comparison chart clearly states that MSIX projects are included in Professional edition.  I just purchase Pro and need MSIX support.  Did I make a mistake?

Here's the link to the comparison chart:

https://www.flexerasoftware.com/media/datasheets/datasheet-is-compare-editions.pdf

0 Kudos
Hi,

Did you try with installshield setup InstallShield2019ProfessionalComp.exe? with which it still dint work?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
I had the eval loaded and simply applied the pro license key I was given - where do I download the InstallShield2019ProfessionalComp.exe? Sorry I'm such a noob...
0 Kudos
Hi,

You can download the mentioned setup from flexera customer portal using credentials you are given with:
You might need to be on the Product and License Center pages. Below is the link: https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos

I download and reinstalled InstallShield Pro 2019 R2, rebuilt my MSIX project, but still get the following error:

ISDEV : warning -7158: Virtualization feature is not included in this edition.

0 Kudos

Hi @datarocker ,

Can you try building MSIX with suggested productSKU?

Thanks,

Jenifer

Hi Jennifer.  It worked!  You were right on what the old product sku was, I updated it to the one you suggested, and it gets past that virtualization error.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos