cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilauder
Level 3

Installshield 2013 activation failing with 50040 error & no response from Flexera

Installshield is asking for a Reactivation of our Installshield 2013 software and every time it generates 50040 "Internet Activation Failed" errors. The computer is connected to the internet (not using a proxy), and even tried disabling the firewall software. Its been failing for 3 days now.

I've sent the manual request file to Flexera twice now over the last couple days and have not gotten any response.

This is holding up a critical patch we've been trying to build for the last couple days and need to know how to fix it here or how to get Flexera to send us the reactivation file.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
ThomasWTX
Level 2

ilauder wrote:
Installshield is asking for a Reactivation of our Installshield 2013 software and every time it generates 50040 "Internet Activation Failed" errors. The computer is connected to the internet (not using a proxy), and even tried disabling the firewall software. Its been failing for 3 days now.

I've sent the manual request file to Flexera twice now over the last couple days and have not gotten any response.

This is holding up a critical patch we've been trying to build for the last couple days and need to know how to fix it here or how to get Flexera to send us the reactivation file.

ilauder,

I was receiving the same issue, and was able to successfully activate with the offline activation page here:
http://helpnet.installshield.com/adminstudio2014/Content/ashelplibrary/EmailVerification.htm#asproductintro_1078116412_1220983

Regards,
Thomas
0 Kudos
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Please try these steps to reactivate your license online.

1. Close InstallShield
2. Locate tsconfig.exe on the machine (the default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013\System)
3. From a command prompt, run the following command: tsconfig.exe /return
4. From a command prompt, run the following command: tsconfig.exe /activate
5. Enter your serial number
0 Kudos
donald_gardner
Level 3

tjohnson1 wrote:

1. Close InstallShield
2. Locate tsconfig.exe on the machine (the default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013\System)

This worked perfectly! Many thanks for the great suggestion
0 Kudos
Morgann
Level 2

tjohnson1 wrote:

1. Close InstallShield

It works also for me. Thanks!

Morgann
0 Kudos
ryowens84
Level 2

tjohnson1 wrote:

1. Close InstallShield

Just wanted to say Thanks! This worked for me too when InstallShield 2013 Professional was requesting me to reactivate the software but the online reactivation was not working.
0 Kudos
Letterman
Level 2

tjohnson1 wrote:

1. Close InstallShield

The above did not work for me. To fix the problem I had to:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send a request for offline activation and then get a response-file from InstallShield by mail (license.response)

1. Close InstallShield
2. Open a command prompt
3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012Spring\System
4. run : tsconfig.exe /no_internet
5. I could then enter the response information (licenses.response file) to activate InstallShield
0 Kudos