cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chorpeac
Level 3

Installshield 2013 LE, VS 2012, and Crystal Reports

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these three products to work together and produce a runnable Windows Service installer?

I am able to build my project, but when the installer runs I get errors relating to crystal reports missing files. These warnings are also displayed in the error log during a build.

I've looked into these two urls so far, but I am not finding any clear guidance yet.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a42a9cf-a916-47e6-8c67-300eb6898cbb/vs2012-installshield-le-with-crystal-reports?forum=visualstudiogeneral

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21554132/installing-crystal-reports-runtime-with-installshield-2013-le

I'm going to download the eval of the professional version and see if this unlocks anything for me to try.

I've successfully built other installers with Installshield 2013 LE and they work fine. However, they do not have Crystal Reports.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

What is the exact message you are getting?

Also, if a prerequisite is not shipped with a version, you can place the vendor prq in the C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites and InstallShield should be able to pick it up.
0 Kudos
chorpeac
Level 3

kyi wrote:

What is the exact message you are getting?

When I run the installer on the server to install the windows service, I get this error message when I press the Install button.

Error 2709. The specified Component name ('crtowords_en.dll.B625DA58_2D88_11D3_B332_00A0C9DA500E') not found in component table.

Then the installer stops.

The SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit) and (64-bit) are installed on the server I am trying to run this setup.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Can you try unselecting the merge modules in your project and see if the error still occur?
0 Kudos
chorpeac
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Can you try unselecting the merge modules in your project and see if the error still occur?

Within my installshield project, I don't have any selections checked under 2. Specify Application Data -> Redistributables
Within my installshield project, I can't see Dependencies as I am using the LE product.

When I build my setup project, I am seeing no errors by 1031 warnings, where most of them state something like this...
-7205: skipping file xml9nl.DCBDC2DB_5F18_4D6E_A4CC_F923513E2A4C due to unmerged or missing component nlHelpString.DCBDC2DB_5F18_4D6E_A4CC_F923513E2A4C in merge module
0 Kudos
chorpeac
Level 3

Ok, after playing around a little bit here is what I have uncovered....

I upgraded to VS2012 from VS2010. Everything worked fine in VS2010. What I didn't do was upgrade my crystal reports installation to a version that supports visual studio 2012 and 2013. I had to go to SAP and download the newest version for VS2012 and VS2013.

I installed that package. I actually uninstalled Installshield 2013 LE and reinstalled it after the CR was done. Then when I opened my existing project up and built it, I didn't get the 1000+ warnings any longer and the installer worked as expected.

So the key was installing the new SAP Crystal Reports, version for Microsoft Visual Studio. I believe it was labeled 13.0.13.1597. You have to install the .exe for full integration.
0 Kudos