cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobpiro
Level 3

Installshield 2009 Express and 64 bit Vista

Does Installshield 2009 Express run on 64 bit Vista? If so, will it then be able to operate as usual, that is producing 32 bit installation files?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I don't know if this scenario was explicitly tested (my guess is it wasn't, and wouldn't be officially supported), but I would expect it to work. But yes, regardless of the host computer, InstallShield Express will generate 32-bit installations.
0 Kudos
bobpiro
Level 3

Thanks for the response. Will InstallShield Express 2009 work on 64 bit Windows 7 solely to produce 32 bit installation EXEs?
0 Kudos
bobpiro
Level 3

Hanging is a recurring problem. This happened under Vista 32 bit and now Win 7 64 bit. I know this product is not supported but it does everything right except the hang.

The hang occurs after the installation exe is completed. If I exit within seconds after the this, InstallShield closes successfully. If I wait more than 5 -7 seconds, that's when the hang occurs.

I've tried to recreate my project but the same thing occurs. I don't stress the product. I do very simple things.

Here's what I suspect - InstallShield wants to send a message somewhere. I'm not suggesting that statistics are kept by the company, but you never know. Maybe McAfee stops this from happening and maybe that's the reason for the hang.

How can I get help for this abnormal situation.
0 Kudos