cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPSflex
Level 2

Installshield 2008 Professional - Administrator Mode Installation Related Query

I am facing an issue regarding registry key locations when trying to install msi in Administrator mode (i.e. msiexec /a msiname /qn).

Our application is 32-bit application. When I am trying to install it on 32-bit as well as 64-bit windows OS using switch 'i' , the 'Uninstall' key is added to desired location. i.e. HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall/{ProductCode} - on 32-bit OS

HKLM/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall/{ProductCode} - on 64-bit OS.
but, when I try to execute the same msi in Administrator mode i.e. using switch 'a', on 64-bit machine, the 'Uninstall' key is added to . i.e.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall/{ProductCode}
i.e. it is not added under WOW6432node.

The issue with this is that when I uninstall the msi which I had installed using switch 'a' , the uninstall key is not deleted from registry (as it is being searched in WOW6432node but not found)

So, when I install the same msi next time, the 'EstimatedSize' key value keeps on increasing as the key was not deleted during previous uninstallation. Due to this, in control panel, for my application, the size is displayed wrongly.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi MPSflex,

Is it with Installshield 2008 Professional or with IS2018-Professional?
0 Kudos
MPSflex
Level 2

Jenifer wrote:
Hi MPSflex,

Is it with Installshield 2008 Professional or with IS2018-Professional?

Installshield 2008 Professional
0 Kudos