cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhanalakshmi
Level 2

Installsheild 2012 professional created exe Installation without internet connection

Hi,

I am using installsheild 2012 professional version. using this version Ism file i have created executable file.When i have installed the Exe into the target machine with below mentioned configuration .
When i have installing the exe ,
With internet connection,installation is fast.-- its take less than 2 to 3 mins.
Without Interconnection,installation is slow ---its take 30 to 40 mins.

Could you please give any suggestion to resolve this issue? Thanks in Advance.

Difference: same ISM :
With internet take 2 to 3 mins.
Without internet take 30 to 40 mins.

I have just added the some Components into the ism files.its contains below 50 files.

NOTE:

1) In ism file, i did not add any prerequists .
2) there is no registry entries.
3)Machine configuration:
Windows server 2008 R2(64 bit OS)
.Net Framework 4.5.1
Oracle11G R2

Thanks,
DhanaLakshmi.V
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Dhanalakshmi
Level 2

For this Installation slowness issue,when i have to set the .Net Settings,property value as Not a .Net assembley for Each Component into the Install script project type of install shield 2012 professional.
In this time installation is fast(2 to 3 mins for more than 150 files) without internet connection.
May i Know ,What is the Difference between Not a .Net assembly and Load assembly value from .Net setting Dependencies property.
In my google searching results for this issue said ,may be windows installer crashing into the machine so we have to re-register the Windows installer.Is there any better solution for the above .Net setting changes?

And this is working fine(like installation is fast without internet connection and without any changes in the .Net Settings feature and i have selected Fast install feature into this MSI project type)in MSI project type for the same ism file setup with same number of files?
0 Kudos