cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmsams
Level 7

Installs freezes at beginning

My install seems to "freeze" at the form that says "Please wait while the InstallShield Wizard installs . This may take several minutes.

Any idea why this might be happening and what I can do to help the install along?

It doesn't happen everywhere...just one client so far. I had the tech restart the server and that did not help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

if your software is taking long time to install showing that preparing to install then you can minimize the time by skipping the diiferent cost checks..for this go through help file that comes with install shield
0 Kudos
nmsams
Level 7

It was only doing this on one client's computer, so I don't think it's the install. I was just wondering what I could do to the client's computer to fix the problem.

The tech eventually just rebuilt the server because it was having so many issues. So we are good now but just wanted to know if there was something else that could have been done.

I did find the following stuff on the Internet but none of them seemed to work...

1. Make sure you have Admin rights and you are right clicking on the install and selecting Run as administrator
2. Make sure the machine has all current windows updates. Retry.
3. Uninstall program from the computer. Retry.
4. Disable anti-virus software. Retry. Then turn anti-virus back on.
5. Run | MSCONFIG | BOOT.ini tab – Make sure that the /SAFEBOOT option is unchecked. Log Out. Log back in.
a. MSCONFIG | Startup tab – “Disable All”.
b. MSCONFIG | Services tab – Check the “Hide all Microsoft Services check box” then click the “Disable All” button.
c. Click OK.
d. Restart machine. Retry. Go back and “Enable All” that you disabled above.
6. Run | services.msc – Right click on Windows Installer and select Properties. Make sure the “Startup Type” is Manual. Retry.
0 Kudos