Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglas
Level 3

Installing 2018 Standalone Build

Jump to solution

Morning all.

I'm in the process of using Packer and Terraform to create a build machine.  One of the pieces of software that I need to install is the InstallShield 2018 SP1 Standalone Build software.  I'm am trying to complete a silent (unattended) install.

I want to be clear that it is the Installshield software itself I'm trying to install  (and not generate a package)

In order to install the IS program I am running the command "ISSABSetup.exe /quiet /norestart" (no quotes) where ISSABSetup.exe is the name of the Installshield software.  This results in an error dialog  "Error reading setup initialization file" followed by a second dialog "1155:File uiet not found" 

I've tried various combinations of /silent and/or /S and a bunch of others but haven't yet hit the magic combination!

1) what is the correct syntax to silently install the standalone build software.  

2) do I need a setup.ini and if so where /how do I create it.  (eg in Visual Studio there is a command line  argument to generate setup config file) 

Thanks in advance

Doug

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
douglas
Level 3

And of course as soon as I hit enter one of the 'associated' topics came up with a suggestion on installing to docker.

I was able to pull from it what I needed.

For the record this did the trick

$arguementList = '/s /v"INSTALLLEVEL=101 /qn"'
Start-Process -Wait -FilePath InstallShield2018SP1StandaloneBuild.exe  -ArgumentList $arguementList

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
douglas
Level 3

And of course as soon as I hit enter one of the 'associated' topics came up with a suggestion on installing to docker.

I was able to pull from it what I needed.

For the record this did the trick

$arguementList = '/s /v"INSTALLLEVEL=101 /qn"'
Start-Process -Wait -FilePath InstallShield2018SP1StandaloneBuild.exe  -ArgumentList $arguementList
0 Kudos