cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fweeee
Level 3

Installer wont work after building on new machine

I have just upgraded my computer, and the installer built from my new machine wont work quite right. After installing SQL Server, it gives the message:
"The installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 (x86 & x64Wow) appears to have failed. Do you want to continue t he installation?"

As far as I can tell, all the required files are there. When moving everything across to the new computer, I:
- Copied accross the directory where I keep some of the components needed (mostly dll's for 3rd party components of my application).
- Copied across various directories from the installshield directory of the old computer (I kept a backup). (modules, objects, and some others).
- Edited the installer project to point to the new locations of files.

I dont know what to do. Where do I start?

It is worth noting, after I click on continue after getting that message, it installs just fine. Everything I can tell so far works - the crystal reports, the DevExpress reports. But that message is a killer - what do I do about it?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
fweeee
Level 3

Ok. I have found some other threads that talk about editing the conditions used to tell if the install went OK. Looking for that in 2009, and cant find anything like that...

--- EDIT ---
Bit more information. The previous message was when installing on windows 7. Now when installing on XP SP3 (which also needs to install .NET 3.5 and windows installer 4.5), I get the same message, only for the .NET3.5 installation.
0 Kudos