cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoangmanh_nguye
Level 3

Installer shows PIDs instead of programs during files in use check

Hi,

i met the issue "Installer shows PIDs instead of programs during files in use check" when i uninstall my product.

My project has the following information:
Project Type: InstallScript MSI
File Format: XML
InstallScript User Interface Type: New Style

Please see the attach image for detail:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hoangmanh_nguye
Level 3

hoangmanh.nguye wrote:
Hi,

i met the issue "Installer shows PIDs instead of programs during files in use check" when i uninstall my product.

My project has the following information:
Project Type: InstallScript MSI
File Format: XML
InstallScript User Interface Type: New Style

Please see the attach image for detail:

Hi Administrator, Can you take a look and help me?
0 Kudos
hoangmanh_nguye
Level 3

Hi everyone,
Can you take a look and help me?
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

That looks like some sort of programming error in InstallShield itself. Might be specific to the 2015 version. Might be specific to InstallScript MSI. Tough to tell from your screen shot.

Do you have a support agreement contract with Flexera software?

If so, I'd report the problem directly to them.

If not, then you might want to try newer versions of InstallShield to see if it might be fixed. There is a 2016 and 2016 SP1 at this point. If you reported it to Flexera they might ask you to try the newer version anyway. That is not at all uncommon.

When I hit something that they can also reproduce one of the first things they often recommend, or try themselves, is using the very latest version. It sort of makes sense, because if the latest works or has a fix in it then it is very unlikely they would ever go back and make a fix to an older version and provide a hotfix. They just don't tend to do that, instead recommending the newer version instead.

And if it does reproduce on the latest version then they will usually try to find a workaround or will file a bug to their engineering group.

Chad
0 Kudos