cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimRich
Level 2

Installer 3.1 as redistributable

How would I include Windows Installer 3.1 as a redistributable. I don't see it listed in list with checkboxes under Redistributables.
Do I have to add the WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe file and run it as a custom action?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

To add Windows Installer 3.1, use the Releases view:
[LIST=1]
  • In the Releases view, select the release that should include Windows Installer 3.1.
  • Click the Setup.exe tab.
  • For the MSI Engine Version setting, select one of the Version 3.1 options. (Note that you must select one of the appropriate Yes options for the Setup Launcher setting; otherwise, the MSI Engine Version setting is disabled. That's because the Setup.exe setup launcher checks to see if Windows Installer needs to be installed and installs it if necessary.)

Debbie Landers
    Macrovision Corporation
  • 0 Kudos
    jelaydon
    Level 2

I'm having some trouble with this, I have selected to use Windows Installer 3.1 in releases, but when I build the release I continue to get WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe

How can I configure it to use WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe?
    0 Kudos
    jelaydon
    Level 2

I'm having some trouble with this, I have selected to use Windows Installer 3.1 in releases, but when I build the release I continue to get WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe

How can I configure it to use WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe?
    0 Kudos
    DebbieL
    Level 17

I think that v2 is actually included. It's just that the file name was not updated to say v2. If you do a diff between the executable file that gets included in your release and the one that Microsoft has posted on their site, you should see that they are otherwise the same.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
    Macrovision Corporation
    0 Kudos