cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louwho
Level 3

Installdir does not get created - when I move custom actions from completed dialog to execute sequence

IS 2021 R3

I did not write this install.  Currently when the user selects the "finish' button on the SuccessfullyCompleted dialog, it kicks off a number of 'New EXE', installed with product, exe's.  It works fine.  The only thing is that when the user clicks on the 'finish' button, you would normally expect the install to be completed.  In this case the exe's that are kicked off, they open cmd windows, so you can definitely see that the install is not finished.

I removed those custom actions from the dialog, and placed then in the Execute sequence, just before the 'InstallFinalize'.  Now for whatever reason, the Installdir is not created, so the custom actions do not find the exe's to execute, and the install fails.

Now sure how this could be happening (I am not new at this).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
louwho
Level 3

Being that the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog appears after Installfinalize in the execute sequence, the custom actions were being run in immediate execution mode.  When they were removed from the dialog, and put in the execute sequence, before the InstallFinalize, they needed to be changed to deferred execution, else the exe's that they were trying to execute, were not yet installed.

0 Kudos