cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tooque
Level 3

Installations error out when installing .NET

Hi!

I'm getting an new error when I use an install I've made through Installshield. It tries to download and install .NET and the install crashes after the download.

Its installing onto a Windows 7 64bit machine. It was also given the same crash on a Windows 7 32 bit machine.

Ideally I'd like to have it complete the install and not crash, but in the interim it would be okay if it does not try to install .NET during the installation. I removed .NET from the redistributables section but it still tries to download and install it. I can't figure out how to make it not install .NET

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
tooque
Level 3

tooque wrote:
Hi!

I'm getting an new error when I use an install I've made through Installshield. It tries to download and install .NET and the install crashes after the download.

Its installing onto a Windows 7 64bit machine. It was also given the same crash on a Windows 7 32 bit machine.

Ideally I'd like to have it complete the install and not crash, but in the interim it would be okay if it does not try to install .NET during the installation. I removed .NET from the redistributables section but it still tries to download and install it. I can't figure out how to make it not install .NET

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After installing the latest windows update, the problem seems to have gone away.
0 Kudos
tooque
Level 3

And the error is back. Independent of patches it seems.

After reading up on this error, I tried making sure the antivirus and other programs were not running, as advised. I also tried rebooting and coming up clean and then trying the install again. Also there is plenty of space on the hard disk.

Has anyone else had this issue?
0 Kudos
sdnelson
Level 5

Check two places. In the Redistributables view make sure there are no version of .NET frameworks selected. Then go to the Releases view and select your release configuration, go to the .NET/J# tab and set .NET Framework Location to "Do Not Include".
0 Kudos