cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCarter
Level 2

Installation of web files and conencting to a database

Hi All,

I am trying to create an InstallShield project which will install some webfiles to a location chosen by the user. As part of the installation I am trying to get a dialog to appear to allow the user to specify a pre-existing SQL Server database for my application. The purpose of this is to retrieve connection details which can be passed into an encrypter which builds an encrypted database connection xml file.

I have created this installer as a web project but I can't find any dialogs which will prompt the user for a database connection.
I originally created this as a msi installscript project which allowed me to grab a SQL Connection dialog but I struggled to find how to specify the IIS folders for install.

Any help or information would be gratefully appreciated.

Kindest Regards
John :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
aspnerd
Level 2

JohnCarter wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to create an InstallShield project which will install some webfiles to a location chosen by the user. As part of the installation I am trying to get a dialog to appear to allow the user to specify a pre-existing SQL Server database for my application. The purpose of this is to retrieve connection details which can be passed into an encrypter which builds an encrypted database connection xml file.

I have created this installer as a web project but I can't find any dialogs which will prompt the user for a database connection.
I originally created this as a msi installscript project which allowed me to grab a SQL Connection dialog but I struggled to find how to specify the IIS folders for install.

Any help or information would be gratefully appreciated.

Kindest Regards
John :confused:

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?
0 Kudos