cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Installation modifies unrelated application pools

I'm facing a strange issue related to application pools in IIS. The problem is that the application pool config of our latest version changes settings also for application pools created by other products (in this case our previous version). When I install our latest version, the following happens:

-All application pools targeting .NET (and ASP.NET) 2.0 get a duplicate ASP.NET v4.0 application pool
-All applications using the 2.0 pools automatically change to use the ASP.NET v4.0 version, even those that are totally unrelated to the product being installed.

Changing the .NET version of the application pool breaks our previous version, so this behavior is highly undesirable as our major versions can be installed side-by-side (product, upgrade, and component codes differ and there's no overlapping naming).

I first suspected that the issue was somehow related to .NET 4.0 installation, but that was not the case. I had the previous version installed when I upgraded my test machine to .NET 4.0 and the application pools were in their original configuration after that upgrade. However, when I installed our latest version (which uses .NET 4.0 for one of the two application pools) also the old version's application pools were modified.

Has anyone else run into this issue? All tips on how to fix this are very much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(17) Replies