cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckedar
Level 2

Installation by Non-Admin users

Trying to create an installation package that can be installed by users who do not have administrative privileges.

Package created by a simple "Basic MSI" project in InstallShield 2009 fails at the end with message "Error 1925.You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation."

Tried setting ALLUSERS property to 0, but it did not help.

I notice in logs that right at the initialization time, ALLUSERS property is being set to 1:
"MSI (c) (0C:C0) [16:02:00:891]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying ALLUSERS property. Its current value is '0'. Its new value: '1'."

I don't know what can be done to prevent this.

Find attached the sample project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
KC
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

0 Kudos
HennoKeers
Level 7

ckedar wrote:
Trying to create an installation package that can be installed by users who do not have administrative privileges.

Package created by a simple "Basic MSI" project in InstallShield 2009 fails at the end with message "Error 1925.You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation."

Tried setting ALLUSERS property to 0, but it did not help.

I notice in logs that right at the initialization time, ALLUSERS property is being set to 1:
"MSI (c) (0C:C0) [16:02:00:891]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying ALLUSERS property. Its current value is '0'. Its new value: '1'."

I don't know what can be done to prevent this.

Find attached the sample project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
KC

If you validate the MSI from the editor, do you get any warnings or errors?

reg, Henno
0 Kudos